If your printer is displaying Lexmark Printer error 1203 and if you are unable to print because of it, then try the Lexmark troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article.
One of the common Lexmark Printer errors users face is Lexmark Printer error 1203. If you are facing Lexmark Printer error 1202, then it is beneficial for you if you understand what exactly the error means. This article will help you understand the causes of Lexmark Printer error 1203 and the ways to resolve it.
You can contact Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126 to help you resolve Lexmark Printer errors and Lexmark Printer problems. Our professionals have years of expertise with Lexmark Printer where they help users in installation, activation, maintenance, repair, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of Lexmark Printers. For hassle-free and time and cost-efficient support, contact Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
Now let’s get to the causes of Lexmark Printer error 1203 and resolve it.
What causes Lexmark Printer Error 1203?
There are many factors that cause Lexmark Printer Error 1203. Here are the common factors causing this error:
- The error could be caused due to control panel or operating panel issues
- The error could be caused due to some problems with the cartridges
- The error could be caused due to poor printer head health – dust and dirt in the printer head
- The error could be caused due to incomplete or improper cartridge installation
These are the four main causes of Lexmark Printer error 1203. In the next section, we will provide the steps to resolve this error and print hassle-free with your printer. For assistance and support, contact Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
How to resolve Lexmark Printer Error 1203 — Lexmark troubleshooting
Here are the steps to resolve Lexmark Printer Error 1203. Please follow the Lexmark troubleshooting step in the order it is mentioned here:
- Check if your printer is properly connected to the power cord and data connection
The first step while fixing any type of Lexmark Printer problem is to check if your computer is properly connected to the data cable or network. Once it is verified, proceed with the next steps.
- Check the control panel and remove the cartridges
As Lexmark Printer error 1203 is mostly related to the cartridge problem, which also is most likely the cause of this issue, the immediate troubleshooting step is to check the printer control panel and remove the cartridges. Pull the Control Panel up and gently open the cartridge’s accessibility door. Once the cartridge stops moving and is seated at its normal position, pull them out.
Now, close the access door and turn the printer off.
- Reinstall the printer cartridges
Now restart the printer and install the cartridges correctly.
Check the right and the left carrier and don’t forget to place the black cartridge and the colored cartridges in the respective carriers.
Gently push the cartridges back until they stand fit in their position.
After this, close the cartridge access door and the control panel.
Check whether the error message is still being displayed or not, and run a test print.
- If the above solutions don’t work, then contact Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate Lexmark troubleshooting.
Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126
We hope this article helped you clear out the reasons why you are facing Lexmark Printer error 1203 and how to resolve it. If you need assistance with Lexmark troubleshooting, contact Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate 24/7 support.
Along with this error, there are various other Lexmark Printer errors and Lexmark Printer problems that users face. Here are some common Lexmark Printer errors and ways to resolve them:
- Lexmark Load MP Feeder error: This error occurs when there is some problem in the printer’s front-loading Multipurpose feeder.
If you face this error when using the Multipurpose feeder, then the error could be caused due to a problem with the paper settings or due to problems in the sensor flag. Checking if the paper settings are correctly matching with the paper type and preferences then check the sensor flag next. Check if the sensor flag is loose or missing.
If you are facing this error when not using Multipurpose Feeder, then the problem could be caused due to ‘Default Paper source’ settings or paper size and type settings.
To resolve this, first, check if the Default Paper Source has been set to Multipurpose or MP Feeder. If yes, change it to the respective tray you are using.
- This is the path to follow: Menu > Paper Menu > Paper Source.
Next, go to Paper settings and check if the paper type and size matches the paper you have set in the tray.
- Here is the path to follow: Menu > Printer Menu > Paper Menu > Paper Size.
If still, the problem persists, contact Lexmark Contact Number at +44-808-196-8126.
- Lexmark Firmware Error: Lexmark Firmware Error is mostly identifiable through error codes like 900 and 900.43. This error means that there is some issue that is creating a problem with the information being sent to the printer. The printer is unable to connect properly with the network and hence unable to print. There could be various causes for this error, ranging from network issues, firmware errors, outdated firmware, printer driver issues, or other issues. Normally, it is not caused by hardware problems.
Here are some Lexmark troubleshooting steps :
- Restart your printer: Remove data or network connection, unplug your printer from the power source, wait for a couple of minutes, and then restart your printer.
- This provides a much-needed reset to the printer and sometimes is the best way to resolve Lexmark Printer problems.
- Clear all existing print job queues
- Change the IPP address of your printer
- Check printer driver and reinstall it. Replace it, is outdated.
- Update printer firmware
- Reinstall printer fuser and reset NVRAM
For assistance and support, contact Lexmark Contact Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
By: All-in-One Support