In this article, we will discuss the common Norton Antivirus issues that users face and how you can resolve them. Whether you are facing Norton installation issues, Norton update problems, Norton scan not working, or other Norton Antivirus issues, we will cover and provide the solutions to all. So, hold your horses cause this post is going to be packed with useful information.
Norton Antivirus is one of the most reliable security programs in the market. Trusted by millions of users, Norton Antivirus helps in protecting your computer and devices from virus attacks and online security threats. Hence, it is imperative to use security software like that of Norton’s to safeguard your device.
If you need assistance with Norton installation or help with Norton update problems, then contact our 24/7 Norton Customer Service Phone Number at +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Common Norton Antivirus Issues | Norton Customer Service Phone Number +44-808-196-8126
Here are some common Norton Antivirus Issues that users face:
- Norton installation issues: One of the most issues that users face with Norton Antivirus is the installation issues. The users aren’t able to install or set up Norton software properly. There could be various reasons for this and could range from insufficient storage space, poor Internet connectivity, or operating system or device-related issues.
- Norton not opening: Another common issue that users face is Norton not opening after a successful download. Now, there could be various reasons for this too. It could be caused due to incomplete setup, corrupt files, incomplete files related to the Norton software, or insufficient permissions for the antivirus.
- Norton scan not working: Norton scan not working is an issue that normally goes hand-in-hand with Norton not opening issue. Here too, the reasons could range from incomplete setup or corrupt files to incomplete files related to the software or insufficient permissions for the antivirus.
- Norton update problems: Norton update problems occur when you are trying to update your Norton software. These problems could be caused due to corrupted files, network issues, or software issues.
- Getting error messages: Sometimes, you may receive specific error messages while trying to use your Norton Antivirus. In such cases, look up the meanings of the error messages: this will help you understand the issue clearly. After you understand what the error message is about, you can follow the necessary steps to fix the issue.
These were some common Norton Antivirus issues that users face. In the next section, we will discuss the ways to fix this common Norton Antivirus and cover all the problems mentioned here. If you need assistance with Norton update problems, then please contact Norton Customer Service Phone Number at +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Steps to fix common Norton Antivirus Issues
Fix Norton Installation Issues Call Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126
The main reasons for Norton installation issues are existing Norton security software in your device; existing non-Norton security software in your device; an outdated operating system.
Here are the steps to fix Norton installation issues:
- Uninstall existing non-Norton security software
- The first step is to uninstall any existing security software on your PC.
- Here’s how you can easily uninstall existing security software from your device:
- Open your computer’s Run dialog box by clicking Windows + R.
- In the text box provided, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and hit Enter.
A list of all your installed apps will be presented on the screen.
- Look for existing security software that you have installed.
- Select it and click Uninstall.
- Use Norton Removal Tool to uninstall existing Norton security software
While the above steps can also be used to uninstall existing Norton security software, using Norton Removal Tool would be an easier option for removal and reinstallation.
- You can download Norton Removal Tool from Norton’s official website, sign in to your account, remove the existing security software, restart your PC, and reinstall Norton Antivirus.
- Update your operating system: If the above steps do not help, then the problem may lie with your operating system. Your operating system should be updated to support the features of security software. Hence, check if your operating system has been updated, and if not, update it.
If you are still facing Norton Antivirus issues during installation, contact Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126
Fix Norton Scan not working issue
Norton scan not working issue can take various forms: the scan may not be completed; you may be receiving error messages when trying to scan; your scan suddenly stops.
Here are the steps that you can take to fix this issue:
- Check if Norton’s server is down.
- Check if your operating system is updated.
- Check if your computer has been infected by viruses or malware. If yes, then they could be preventing the scan to take place.
- Exit all open programs and restart your computer and try scanning again.
- Run a Full System scan after restarting your computer.
Fix Norton Update Problems:
You may not have any installation or usage issues with Norton, but now, are facing Norton update problems. There could be various reasons for this issue.
Here are the steps you can take to fix this problem:
- When trying to update, disable Windows Defender: As Windows Defender is also a security product, it could be conflicting with Norton Antivirus and thereby, creating Norton Antivirus issues. Try disabling Windows Defender temporarily, and update Norton Antivirus.
- Run Norton Antivirus as Administrator: When you run Norton as an administrator, you give it the administrative permissions and this will ward off any limitations that might be creating problems during the update.
- Go to Norton’s original folder location. Right-click on the .exe file and select Properties.
Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box against the option ‘Run this program as an administrator’ and confirm changes.
- Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool: You can also use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to uninstall the current Norton software and reinstall a new updated one.
- Update your operating system
If you need assistance with Norton Antivirus issues, contact Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
By: All-in-One Support