If your HP laptop is displaying Hp error 601, it is an alert message that is warning you about the internal battery problem. For this reason, HP Error 601 is also known as battery alert error code 601. If you are seeing this error code then that means that the storage capacity of your primary or internal battery is lower than 35% of the original storage capacity. This indicates that the storage capacity is extremely low and needs to be replaced.
Now that you know why HP Error 601 occurs, the next question is, how do you fix HP Error 601? This article aims to answer your question and describes in detail, all the troubleshooting steps that you can take to fix error 601 primary internal battery error.
For assistance and support with HP Error 601, contact HP Customer Service Number at +44-808-196-8126.
Steps to Fix HP Error 601 | HP Customer Service Number +44-808-196-8126
Here are some of the methods that you can try to fix HP Error 601. If you need assistance with resolving battery alert error code 601, then contact HP Customer Service Number at +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
Steps to fix error 601 primary battery error-
- Remove your battery and start HP laptop without a battery
The first thing you should do is use your laptop without a battery. For this, turn off your laptop and unplug the power supply. After that, remove your laptop’s battery. Now, plug in the power supply and attach your power cable to the charging port and turn on your laptop. If battery alert error code 601 is not showing now, then the issue is resolved. However, if HP Error 601 still persists, then try the next resolution steps.
- Perform a battery test
If removing the battery doesn’t help, then the next thing you can do is perform a battery test. HP laptops have a feature to check the condition of your battery or battery health. The battery health by going through System Diagnostics. To check your battery health, first, turn off your PC.
Then, turn it on again and click the Esc key to get the Startup Menu to open.
Now open the ‘Battery test’ option by clicking the F2 key.
Follow the on-screen instructions and successfully complete your battery test.
After the battery test, you will know what the problem with your battery is.
- Reinsert your battery
Another method that you can try to fix HP Error 601 is to remove and reinsert your battery.
For this, turn off your PC and unplug it from the power supply.
Remove your battery.
Once you remove the battery, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
Now, re-insert your battery in the PC, plug in the laptop to the power supply, and turn on your laptop.
Check if HP Error 601 is resolved. If not, then follow through.
- Replace HP PC battery
If you are still seeing battery alert error code 601 even after trying the above methods, then the only option left is to replace your battery.
Your battery life may have deteriorated and now it’s time to get a new battery. Make sure that you only buy genuine HP battery from certified retailers.
So, these were some methods through which you can resolve HP Error 601. If you need assistance and support with HP errors, then contact HP Customer Service Number at +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
Here are the ways to take care of your laptop’s battery so that they last longer and their lifespan is increased.
Tips to take care of your laptop’s battery | HP Customer Service Number +44-808-196-8126
Here are some of the ways you can take care of your laptop’s battery. Doing these consistently will help you improve your laptop’s battery life and enhance your battery’s lifespan.
- Every once a month, fully charge your battery and then fully drain it. This will provide the much-needed refresh.
- Once your laptop is charged fully, unplug it from the charger. Use your laptop with battery power. This helps increase the battery’s lifespan.
- When using your laptop at home, remove your battery, and use it with a power adapter.
- If you are planning to not use your PC for at least a month, then charge or discharge your battery to 70% and remove it.
- Use a power saver or eco mode to save battery usage on a daily basis.
- When working on something, close all background apps. Also, ensure that you have closed apps and process that uses high CPU levels.
- Only open apps that you are using and close background apps.
- If you have connected mouth, keyboard, hard drive, or other accessories to your laptop, which you aren’t using, then disconnect them. Only connect those accessories that you are using.
- Check your computer’s brightness level and adjust it. Turn the brightness level down when high brightness isn’t required.
- Always keep your laptop away from direct sunlight. Do not use it in extreme conditions and keep it cool and clean.
These were some tips that you can practice regularly to maintain your battery’s good health.
Clean your laptop, keep it away from harsh conditions, and take care of the nitty-gritty like battery, power drainage, and performance. When you see your laptop slowing down or acting unusual, try diagnosing the cause immediately. Problems and issues are a part of any equipment but you can always practice caution to ensure that they are resolved before they turn massive and then take proper care of your laptop.
For errors like HP Error 601 or errors of any kind in your HP laptop, you can get in touch with HP Customer Service Number at +44-808-196-8126 for instant assistance. We offer 24/7 remote support and will be available to help you whenever you require. Get the best support for your HP PC with us.
By: All-in-One Support