If you are facing Lexmark Load MP feeder error, that is you are seeing the error in your device, then read this article to find the cause of MP feeder Lexmark error and the ways to resolve it. For assistance and support, contact Lexmark Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
What does Lexmark Load MP Feeder mean and what causes it?
When you see Lexmark Load MP feeder error, it means that your printer wants you to load paper in the front-loading Multipurpose feeder. There could be various reasons leading to this error. In the next section, we will discuss the ways to troubleshoot the MP Feeder Lexmark Printer error.
If you need assistance with Lexmark Printer Errors and want us to help you with diagnosing and resolution, contact Lexmark Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate 24/7 remote support. You can avail of our support service from the comfort of your homes without having to sacrifice your time and energy.
Steps to resolve Lexmark Load MP Feeder Error
Depending on your printing settings and setup at the time of the error, there are various ways you can use to fix the error. We will provide all the possible ways that you can use to fix this error; check the steps that best applies to your configuration and setup and proceed with the troubleshooting. If you need assistance with resolving the Lexmark Load MP feeder error, contact Lexmark Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
Steps to resolve Lexmark Load MP Feeder Error:
If you are already using a Multipurpose (MP) tray to feed the papers to the printer then try the following troubleshooting methods. The issue could be caused because your printer mistakes the tray to be empty.
- First, get letter-size paper and put them in the tray. Press Go to start printing. Doing this would make the printer start again and print. If it doesn’t work, then proceed with the next steps.
- If the issue still persists, then it could mean that there is a problem in the sensor flag — the sensor flag could be bad or loose. In that case, do these:
Check the left side of the paper tray, where the paper rests, for a small black plastic flag. Check if it is moving properly. If it is loose, gently tighten it. If it is missing, contact Lexmark Helpline Number.
- This little black flag helps update whether a page has been loaded or not by controlling the sensor.
If you aren’t using MP Feeder and yet you get this error message, then follow these Steps
Lexmark troubleshooting methods:
Check if the ‘Default paper source’ has been set to MP Feeder. To check this, go to the Menu of the printer. From the options that appear, select Paper Menu. Select Paper Source.
- You will see the current paper source setting in use. If you see that ‘MP Feeder’ has been selected, then change it to your preferred paper tray. Press Return until the printer is ready to print and then run a test print.
- If the Default paper source setting is not the issue, then check if the paper size and paper type settings are correctly set for the tray. Here’s how to do it-
- Go to Menu > Printer Menu > Paper Menu > Paper Size.
- Check the paper settings and the paper size settings and see if they have been set correctly.
- Incorrect paper settings are one of the key causes of Lexmark Load MP Feeder Error.
These were the key causes and the ways to troubleshoot the Lexmark Load MP Feeder error. If you still are facing MP Feeder Lexmark Error, then contact Lexmark Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
Along with these things, when you face Lexmark Printer errors
(any type of error), here are a few things to keep in mind and the steps to do when troubleshooting:
- Do a printer reset
Turn off your printer, remove the data cable (for wired printers) and then remove the printer plug. Wait for about 2-3 minutes and then plug your printer directly to the power supply.
- Remove all existing print jobs
If you have any existing print jobs then remove all of them from the queue and start afresh. In fact, removing all print jobs from the queue, restarting the printer, and running a test print should be the way to go.
- Check if your cartridges are working well
If your cartridges are over or are on the verge of it, then refill the ink. If they are worn-out and need replacement, then replace and reinstall them.
- Check if your toners are working well
- Check if your papers are properly aligned to the tray
When papers are not properly aligned to the tray, they cause all sorts of problems like paper jams and problems in printing. Hence, check if your papers are properly aligned for problem-free printing.
- Check if your paper settings are correct
Incorrect paper settings are one of the most common reasons for Lexmark Printer errors. Carefully check the paper type, resolution, and other settings. Check if they align with your preferences and change them, when necessary.
- Check if your printer spooler is working fine
- Check if your printer driver is in good condition
Printer drivers are one of the most important parts of the printer. Hence, it is important that you update it on a regular basis and check for any problems. Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can be a nuisance, not only while printing but also for other computer processes.
These were some ways to troubleshoot Lexmark Load MP Feeder error and other common Lexmark Printer errors. Not just for troubleshooting, these steps are useful for proper maintenance of your printer too. Periodic check-ups on the steps mentioned above will ensure that aware of your printer’s conditions and can take the preventive steps before an error even occurs. And of course, if an error does occur, and you need handy support, you can always contact Lexmark Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for assistance. We are available 24/7.
By: All-in-One Support