We will discuss how to manage McAfee firewall settings Windows 10 and Mac. We will cover topics related to McAfee firewall settings Windows 10, McAfee firewall problems in Windows, and McAfee firewall for Mac. Along with these, we will cover McAfee firewall blocking Internet issue and the steps to unblock McAfee blocked programs.
Yes, we will be covering the major McAfee firewall problems that users face and help you understand and manage McAfee firewall settings Windows 10 and macOS. Go through the sections and follow the steps to resolve any problem that you are facing with the McAfee firewall. If you need assistance with McAfee firewall problems, contact McAfee Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Manage McAfee Firewall Settings Windows 10 & macOS
McAfee Firewall helps you keep your device safe by monitoring all the incoming and outgoing network traffic. Now what it does is, it will either allow that particular traffic or block it based on various security criteria. In doing so, it allows only safe network traffic in your computer and safeguards your device.
While this is a very helpful feature that protects your device from online threats, sometimes McAfee Firewall blocks network traffic that you want to allow. And this is one of the most common McAfee Firewall problems that users face. When McAfee Firewall blocks network traffic that shouldn’t have been blocked, it creates problems in devices connected to your network, like printers, and also with applications in your phone. So, what should you do when this happens? You need to reset McAfee Firewall settings Windows 10 and macOS.
McAfee firewall blocking Internet traffic can be resolved by looking into McAfee Firewall settings Windows 10 and macOS and resetting it.
Here are the steps to reset McAfee Firewall settings Windows 10 & Mac-
Firstly, turn off McAfee firewall settings temporarily.
Here’s how you do it for both Windows 10 and macOS-
- Open McAfee software.
- Click the Settings icon at the right corner and select the ‘Firewall’ option.
- In macOS, you will see a slider in line with the text Firewall. Click the slider and turn off the firewall. In Windows, you can click the Turn Off option to turn off the firewall. After you click Turn Off, a dialog box will appear confirming your decision. You can also set a time limit after which the Firewall settings will be turned on automatically.
- You will receive a warning stating that the firewall has been turned off.
- When you want to turn the firewall on again, you can easily click the Turn On option, which shows right in front of the McAfee software.
Following these steps will help you temporarily turn the McAfee firewall off by resetting McAfee Firewall settings Windows 10 and macOS. You can then try accessing the programs and unblock McAfee blocked programs. However, don’t forget to turn the firewall back on after completing your work. For assistance with problems related to McAfee Firewall for Mac and McAfee firewall settings Windows 10, then contact McAfee Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
Set McAfee Firewall Settings Windows 10 & Mac to Unblock McAfee Blocked Programs
While turning McAfee Firewall temporarily off will enable you to access programs and sites blocked by McAfee, it isn’t a viable option if you use the program or site regularly. Manually turning the firewall off, doing your work, and then turning the firewall on again is not only tedious but also defies the very reason for using security software; to protect your device from online threats. What good is using security software when you have to turn off the firewall when browsing online?
Hence, a better solution is to configure McAfee Firewall setting Windows 10 & Mac to unblock McAfee blocked programs. This will solve the problem once and for all and enable you to carry on with your work without worrying about safety.
Here are the steps to unblock McAfee blocked programs by reconfiguring McAfee Firewall settings Windows 10 & macOS:
- Locate the McAfee application and right-click on the logo. Select Change Settings > Firewall.
- Select the ‘Internet Connection for Programs’ option.
- A list of programs will be shown. Select the program that you want to grant access to and then select ‘Edit’.
If the required program isn’t present in the list, then select Add > Browse. Choose the application that you want to allow access to.
- Go to the ‘Access’ section and select either ‘Incoming and outgoing’ or ‘Outgoing only’ based on the type of access you want to give. If you choose ‘Incoming and outgoing’, then you will be allowing both incoming and outgoing traffic; if you choose ‘Outgoing only’, you will be allowing only outgoing traffic.
- Choose ‘Use designated ports’ from the drop-down menu.
If you notice that even after completing these steps, you are unable to open the required apps, then follow through the above steps again and in this step, choose either ‘Open ports to Home and Work networks’ or ‘Open to all devices’ option. Then continue with the next steps.
- Click Save.
- Close McAfee Application.
If you are unable to unblock McAfee blocked programs even after following these steps, then try the following-
- For step 5, toggle between these three options- Use designated ports, Open ports to Home and Work networks, and Open to all devices. One of these should work.
- After step 5, go to the Net Guard section and turn it off.
For any support with McAfee Firewall settings Windows 10 & Mac, contact McAfee Helpline Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for 24/7 remote assistance.
We provide 24/7 remote assistance that you can access from any time and anywhere. Our services center on your personal needs and help you diagnose and resolve your issues without a sweat.
By: All-in-One Support