Microsoft Office Professional Plus comes with all the Microsoft Office products and also gives users additional features than the Standard edition. When you are trying to perform Office 2016 Professional Plus setup, you may encounter an Office Professional Setup error where this is displayed on the screen, “Microsoft Office Professional Plus encountered an error during setup”. In this article, we will show you the steps to fix this error and also understand the causes of it.
Additionally, you can contact Microsoft Office Customer Service Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support. We provide 24/7 customer support and help you diagnose and troubleshoot the errors you are facing. Whether you are facing Office Professional setup error or other Office professional problems, you can contact us for all sorts of issues.
Microsoft Office Professional and Professional Plus is a must-have software for professional as well as personal use. As it is used for daily purposes, errors in the software can be troublesome. The errors could range from Office Professional Setup error or other Office Professional problems. With this article, we aim to help you resolve one such error, and for other problems, you can always contact us at Microsoft Office Customer Service Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
Steps to resolve Office Professional Setup Error “Microsoft Office Professional Plus encountered an error during setup”
There are various reasons that could cause this Office Professional Setup error. The issue could be caused by a configuration error between 64-bit and 32-bit applications. It could also be caused due to conflicts with previously installed Office Professional versions and/or antivirus software.
Regardless of the cause, exploring the solutions will help us uncover the cause too, so we will get straight to the troubleshooting methods.
- Uninstall previously installed Microsoft Office
If you have any version of Microsoft Office installed previously, then uninstall it first, before starting the installation process of the new product. If you are facing Office Professional setup error even after uninstalling previous versions, then proceed with the next steps.
- Use Task Scheduler to delete all the remnants of previous versions of Microsoft Office
Sometimes, even after uninstalling previous versions of Microsoft Office, there are files lurking around, and stubborn cache hidden. So, to clean up all these remaining files, you need to use the task scheduler. Doing so will remove all the remaining Microsoft Office files and help you set up the new application with ease.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Uninstall all Microsoft Office products and restart your PC.
- Search for Task Scheduler in the Windows Search bar and open Task Scheduler.
- Click the arrow key on the right side of Task Scheduler (Library) and expand it.
- From the list, right-click on the Microsoft folder and select Delete.
- Once that’s done, reinstall the new Office product again.
Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter | Microsoft Office Customer Service Number
Most often, the previous steps help solve the issue. However, if you are still getting the Office Professional Setup error message, then try Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter:
- Click the Start button and go to Settings.
- In the Updates and Security section, click Troubleshoot.
- Locate ‘Windows App troubleshooter’ and click and run it.
- Once the troubleshooting is complete, restart your computer.
- Try the installation process again. If you face the same error, proceed with the next steps.
- Update Windows
Since this is an error specific to Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus setup, the issue could be related to Windows too. Your Windows could be outdated and might need an update. Hence, check for updates available for Windows, and if yes, update Windows immediately.
- Remove existing antivirus or security software
If you have antivirus software installed, then try disabling it first and then install Microsoft Office Professional. If that doesn’t work, then try removing the antivirus software altogether before the installation process.
Renaming the Microsoft Help folder might help in stopping conflicts and interruptions during installation.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Run window by pressing Win + R.
- Type %programdata% and click Enter.
- In the folder, look for the Microsoft Help folder and rename it to something like Microsoft Help. older.
- Restart your computer and then start the installation process again.
Remove Microsoft Office completely from the system
While uninstalling Microsoft Office and using Task Scheduler does remove most files, you can also use the official Microsoft tool to remove Microsoft Office completely from the system. Here’s how to do it:
- Get the official Microsoft’s Remove tool from here.
- Download and install the tool on your computer.
- Now, open the Run window by pressing Win + R.
- In the search box, type Regedit, and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ WindowsNT\ CurrentVersion\ Schedule\ TaskCache\ Tree\ Microsoft\ Office
- Go to the Microsoft Office folder, right-click it, and select Delete.
- Once that’s done, restart your computer and try installing Microsoft Office afresh.
These are some troubleshooting methods to resolve the Office Professional Setup error “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup.”
Contact Microsoft Office Customer Service Number UK +44-808-196-8126
If you need assistance with troubleshooting Office 2016 professional plus setup, Office Professional setup error, or other Office Professional problems, contact Microsoft Office Customer Service Number UK +44-808-196-8126.
Our professionals are experts in Microsoft Office and help you with installation, activation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. We ensure that your issues are promptly resolved with effective diagnosis and instant troubleshooting. All the service support takes place remotely wherein you save your time and energy. We keep the entire support process open, with you in the loop about everything taking place – diagnosis to troubleshooting.
Our support services are professional in approach, accountable, and transparent. To know more about our services and for help with Office professional problems contact us UK +44-808-196-8126.
By: All-in-one Support