Is your Norton not working? Norton won’t open? Norton scan is not working? Then, read along to find the reasons leading to Norton not working issue in your device and the steps you can use to fix it.
Norton software is one of the leading security software in the world. If you are a regular Internet user and if you use your computer for work and to transfer files, then it is important to keep your device safe from online threats and security attacks like malware, virus, and phishing attacks. And Norton, with its wide range of security products helps you safeguard your device, both for personal use and professional use.
Even after successful installation, if you see Norton not working or Norton won’t open, then read along to find the causes for that and the steps to fix it. For assistance Norton issues, contact Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Why are you facing Norton not working issue?
There are many reasons that could be causing Norton not working issue on your computer. Some of the common reasons for facing Norton not working issue are outdated software, corrupted files, or some other reasons.
So, if Norton won’t open and you are facing Norton not working issue, then follow the next steps to resolve it. If you need any assistance on Norton issues, contact Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate 24/7 support.
Steps to fix Norton not working issue
Here are the steps to fix Norton not working issue. If one step doesn’t work, try out the other steps until the issue is resolved. If you need help with Norton diagnosis and troubleshooting, contact Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
Steps to fix Norton not working issue:
- Close all background apps:
Sometimes, running background apps or too many open background programs, could create problems with Norton software and Norton won’t open. So, the first step to perform is to close all the running background apps, and then try opening Norton software. If you are still facing Norton not working issue, then follow the next steps.
- Restart your computer:
If the above method didn’t work, then restarting the computer almost always saves the day. Restart your computer and try opening Norton again. If you are still facing problems, proceed with the next steps.
- Update Norton software:
While the above two methods will check if the problem is with your device, this method will check if the problem lies with your software. An outdated Norton software not only won’t work well but also won’t be capable of protecting your device from new and advanced online threats. Hence, you should always check for new updates and update your device as soon as possible.
Here are the steps to update Norton software:
- Firstly, ensure that your Internet connection is good and stable.
- Open the security settings of your Norton software.
- Select ‘Live Update’ option.
- Wait for the update to complete, and then restart your computer.
- Open Norton after restarting your computer.
- The issue should have been resolved. However, if you still face the issue, follow the next steps.
Use Norton Power Eraser tool:
Norton Power Eraser is a tool provided by Norton, which will help you scan your computer from the cloud and detect any malware infection in your device.
This tool will help you know if there are virus and malware present in your device. If yes, then they could be the ones that are restricting Norton from working and causing Norton not working issue. You must remove them to run Norton properly in your device.
Here are the steps to use Norton Power Eraser tool:
- Download Norton Power Eraser by visiting Norton’s official website.
- After downloading, run the .exe file in your computer.
- Follow the prompts and accept the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is complete, open Norton Power Eraser.
- Click Scan.
- Norton Power Eraser tool will perform a rootkit scan and resolve the issue.
- Check the recommendations and make the mentioned changes.
- Now, restart your PC, and open Norton to check if Norton not working issue is resolved.
Reinstall Norton software:
If all the above mentioned Norton troubleshooting methods doesn’t work, then the only option left is to reinstall Norton software. While you could reinstall it by uninstalling first, downloading Norton software next, and then installing it again, you could also try another method: Using Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool. The Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool will make the whole process seamless.
Note: Ensure that you have a stable and good Internet connection before proceeding with Norton reinstallation.
Download Norton Remove & Reinstall tool:
- Visit Norton’s official website and download Norton Remove & Reinstall tool.
- Once downloaded, double-click the downloaded file and run it.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- Now click “Remove and Reinstall’ option.
- Click ‘Remove’ and next, OK.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, restart the PC.
- Open Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool, and click Reinstall Norton Antivirus Software option.
These are some tried and tested methods that you can use to fix Norton not working issue. If Norton is still not working or you are facing any other Norton issues, then call Norton Customer Service Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Our professionals have years of expertise in Norton products and services and will completely take care of the diagnosis and troubleshooting of Norton issues. We provide 24/7 remote support that you can access from anytime and anywhere. We listen to your problems, diagnose the issue, provide the steps involved in the troubleshooting process, and keep you thoroughly posted on the developments in resolution. We do all the troubleshooting only after getting your approval.
By: All-in-One Support