If your Norton scan not working you need to get it to fix instantly. The main reason for getting an antivirus or security software like Norton is to protect your computer from malware, phishing, and online threats. Norton protects your device from threats by effectively safeguarding your device from online attacks and malware. It does this through various features like firewall, scan, VPN, customizations for websites, etc. And performing a scan is a vital step in this. Hence, when you are unable to scan your device; when you are facing a Norton scan not working issue, then it is a problem that needs to be solved.
And in this article, we will provide you the steps to solve the Norton scan not working issue. We will also discuss the causes for Norton scan not working issue, so that you can find out the reason for this problem. If you need any assistance with Norton scan not working, Norton quick scan not working, or other Norton issues, contact Norton Phone Number at +44-808-196-8126 for immediate assistance.
Why is your Norton scan not working
There are various reasons leading to Norton scan not working issue. You may face this issue mostly while doing a Quick Scan. Here are the common causes for Norton Quick scan not working issue:
- Your Internet connectivity is poor: If you are facing a poor or erratic network connection, then it could be the reason for the Norton scan not working issue.
- Your operating system is outdated: Sometimes, an outdated operating system creates conflicts with Norton and may propel certain features to stop working. So, check the status of your operating system and update it, if necessary.
- Check if your computer is infected with the virus: If your computer has been infected with virus or malware, then it may obstruct the scan process and lead to Norton scan not working issue. Check if your computer has been infected.
Along with these causes, there could be various other reasons causing Norton scan not working issue in your device. In the next section, we will discuss how to resolve this issue. For assistance with Norton issues, contact Norton Phone Number at +44-808-196-8126.
How to fix Norton scan not working issue
While the causes for the Norton scan not working issue could vary, you can try out these methods to fix the Norton scan not working issue.
Steps to fix Norton scan not working issue:
- Check if your network connectivity is down:
The first thing to do is to check if your network connectivity is working fine. If your Internet connectivity is poor or erratic, you won’t be able to perform scan properly.
- Check if Norton’s server is down:
The next thing to check is whether or not Norton is down globally. If Norton’s server is down, then you will have to wait until it’s stable again, to complete the scan.
- Check if your operating system is updated:
Having an outdated operating system can hinder the functions of Norton software. Hence, check if your operating system is updated, and if not, update it immediately.
- Check if your computer has been infected by virus or malware:
If your computer is infected with a virus or malware, then it may create obstructions during the scanning process.
- Exit all open programs and restart your computer and try scanning again:
Close all the programs that you have kept open and then restart your computer. After restarting, try doing the scan.
- Run a Full System scan after restarting your computer:
Additionally, you can close all open programs and restart your computer; and once your computer restarts, try doing a Full System scan.
These were some steps that you can use to fix Norton scan, not working issues. If you are facing difficulty in executing any of the above steps; or if you need assistance with Norton issues: contact Norton Phone Number UK +44-808-196-8126 for immediate support.
Other common Norton issues | Norton Phone Number +44-808-196-8126
Apart from Norton quick scan not working and Norton scan not working issues, here are some other common Norton issues that users face:
- Norton installation issues: One of the most common issues that users face with Norton is installation problems. Norton installation issues are caused by a variety of factors including not having sufficient storage space, poor Internet connectivity, outdated operating system, existing Norton or non-Norton security software installed, and other reasons.
If you are facing Norton installation issues, then try checking your storage space, Internet connectivity, and operating system.
- Norton update issues: Another common issue that Norton users face is during the updates. There could be various reasons for this ranging from internet issues, unsupported operating systems, low storage space to other issues.
- Here are some of the things that will help your resolve Norton update issues:
Disable Windows Defender
Bring a security product/software, Windows Defender might be in conflict with your device and causing update issues. Temporarily disable Windows Defender and then try updating Norton software.
- Run Antivirus as Administrator:
If the above step doesn’t work, then try running Norton as an Administrator. Basically, what you do when running Norton as an administrator is give the software administrative permissions. Administrative permissions are the highest level permission that you can give a software. Once you do that, try updating Norton software. It should work.
Here are the steps to give Administrative permissions to Norton software:
- Locate Norton software’s original folder.
- Right-click the .exe file. Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box against the option ‘Run this program as an administrator’ and confirm changes.
Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool:
You can also use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to uninstall the current Norton software and reinstall a new updated one.
You can easily download Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool from Norton’s official website.
Once downloaded, run the software, and follow the on-screen instructions to install it. Then start the procedure of remove and reinstall.
Update your operating system
An outdated operating system might create problems with Norton’s update. Hence, update your operating system, if it needs one.
For assistance with Norton scan not working and other Norton issues, contact Norton Phone Number at +44-808-196-8126 for 24/7 assistance.
By: All-in-One Support
- 1 Why is your Norton scan not working